Tuesday, February 17, 2009

And then there was Caffeine...

Ok, I've had signs all around but never realized that coffee is a huge part of my life. I came across a flyer on my fridge that has been there for God knows how long and I've never read it, I have a feeling one of my sisters put it there as a sign. As with anything I come across, and need more research, I googled it and found various derivations of that caffeine Addicts prayer:


~The Joy Of Coffee~


Caffeine is my shepherd; I shall not doze.
It maketh me to wake in Bliss:
It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.
It restoreth my buzz:
It leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for its name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction,
I will fear no Decaf:

For thou art with me;

Thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me.
Thou preparest a tall latte before me in the presence of fatigue:
Thou anointest my day with pep;

My mug runneth over.
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the House of Juan Valdez forever.


~Author Unknown~

I found a couple points that hit home;

- it’s 6:09 AM and you’re on your 2nd 20oz. cup of coffee.

- Instant coffee takes too long.

- You don't sweat, you percolate.

- You can outlast the Energizer bunny.

- Your eyes stay open when you sneeze.

- You want to be cremated just so you can spend eternity in a coffee can.

- You’ve worn out the handles on your favorite mug.

- Your lips are permanently stuck in the sipping position.

And my favorite is; You have to drink some form of caffeinated beverage just to sleep.


For more signs please visit signs of an addict. and if you think you can handle the truth visit coffeesage


I knew i had issues with coffee when I found myself actually thinking of licking the coffee pot, and worst of all, I've actually carried a coffee mug into the shower in the morning, on multiple occasions.


Quick self test that separates the coffee drinkers and the caffeine addicts:

- Can you Smell (not taste) the difference between a regular coffee and a decaf cup?


If you answered yes, Welcome....Let the journey begin. We have resources that will fullfill even your wildest coffee dreams...


I'm still on my early stages, so I'm safe for now folks, if and when you see me kneeling and praying before a Dunkies or Starbucks logo Please, Please, Please HELP ME!!!


Have a Decaf free day....

1 comment:

|d®| said...

I'd always thought that thing on your fridge was funny. I even took a pic of it one time!