Thursday, June 01, 2006

T Minus 6 hrs

Marking the beginning of my summer is a trip to our gichagi for Jr's Birthday (Nephew). 'Ocha' as the young'ns refer to it. The best part is the cruise down I-95 for about 400+ miles, music blazing, Radar on, in my 'pocket rocket' with 201 horses under me. The current family record is 5hrs from Boston, to Phoenixville, PA (including pit stops) all set by me and my bro at different times. It's usually a time we chill with family and eat, and half of the time we do manage to squeeze in a night out clubbing in between the eating. I'm talking about Mandazi's Samosa's Chapo's and the like. You gotta give major props to my dear sis who manages to feed bachelors and Bachelorettes representing virtually all the East coast States including VA, and knowing us, we can really clean a fridge and surrounding pantries.

The drive down should be fun. We are hopefully leaving at the same time, so weather permitting, for those who remember this chant please join me.


Rain rain go away,
Come back another day,
Little John wants to play,
Rain rain go away.

Back to Jr (the reason for the trip). His latest thing is he wants to learn how to roller blade, and specifically wants his Uncles to teach him(practically insisted on it as a condition). Picture this... we are rookies as it is, I fall on my tush every time I put on the damn things, I have bumps and bruises to prove it, haven't practiced since last summer....needless to say, he'll be too busy laughing at us to learn anything.

WARNING: I-95 Riders Beware
The GTI's with a combined power of more than 400 horses will be right behind you, ya'll know Luda's advice "move B...., get out the way....."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice i like, have a nice and safe trip. What is the current record in top mph and overal time ?

Unknown said...

current top speed is 140mph and overal time is 5hrs give or take 15 mins.

|d®| said...

Combined 400+HP, huh? German Engineering notwithstanding, you know those pocket-rockets weigh a healthy 3200 lbs each, right?

I know I might be hating coz you'd [probably] smoke me right now, but wait till that 350Z arrives!

Nice site; keep 'em coming. And get some work done, punk! :)

Anonymous said...

I admire passion! It doesn't matter what the subject is, in this case it is Speed (and the love of little german cars). I think I was there during on of those record breaking trips and I will say Y'all are Crazy!

BTW Ura, not sure if you were told, your nephew wants to learn a whole lot of other things not limited traveling at high speeds on little wheels. He asked me why girls don't have pee pees. [speechless!] I promptly deferred him to your sis who was of no help, she was too busy laughing. So when you uncles are teaching him valuable lessons like how to tie his shoelaces and roller blade, please include a little education about the birds and the bees!