Monday, June 05, 2006

... and I'll make you Fishers of Men

The trip back from Philly was not as eventful as I hoped for. We came across some very formidable race worthy wheels capable of smoking us with little effort but I guess the owners or operators were too chicken to put the pedal to the floor. I admit it must be a pretty intimidating and tempting sight to see two pairs of halogen lights back to back on your rear view mirror, hankering down on you doing 90+, crossing lanes…

I’m a joiner and would be tempted to follow in that frenzy as I’ve done a million times.


While crossing NY, we came across a couple of potential wannabes. Ya’ll know what I’m talking about. They are these small souped-up, pretentious bogies that look and sound like they can really perform and whip you ass. You can here them from a mile away, and expect them to fly past you. Well, looks sometimes are deceiving. Anyway, these two cats joined the freeway, weaving in and out of lanes, sounds fast, looks fast, but they are far from being fast. A bell rang in my head, a challenge, finally. Didn’t take long to know that they couldn’t keep up with us, or maybe they were too embarrassed to try to.


In RI, we got tons of drivers that fell for our bait. They are the best. You give them some rope and they hang themselves. You sucker them in and then let them bite the dust. [ That’s how you get away with doing 90+ mph without getting nabbed by the troopers, and by the way, cut more than an hour off your trip time.] Those who know how to cast the spell, bear with me.

When you come across a fast mover on the fast lane, ease up on the gas and keep your distance, give him a chance to think that you can’t catch up with him. (Gives him a false sense of security and boosts his ego way, way up). Change lanes and slowly creep up on him. Not too fast, but gently, pretending that you are really trying to pass him from the inside lane, then ease up on the gas again. Do this a couple of times and trust me 99% of them will bite, and step on the pedal. They never cease to amaze me. Soon your doing 100+ and you’re about 5 to 10 yards behind on the inside lane. You can guess who ends up with a fat ticket if a cop is in the vicinity.


I did this to a couple of drivers who took the bait. And just as I was about to milk it to about 110 mph or thereabouts, my bro down-shifts and zooms past me and my fish and I had no choice but to follow suite. It’s very painful throwing a big catch back to the ocean, but the fun part is the hunting and baiting. There are a lot of suckers out there itching for it.


Just be warned, you better scout the target first, might be a trooper and you never wanna mess with that.

Happy Baiting…

9 comments:

|d®| said...

*Gasp* Teaching people how to bait?!

Thing is tho, not everyone can bait. You either have it or you don't; there's always the baiter and the baitee, knowwhati'msayin'?

On another note, y'all high-horsepower guys toy with us all the time on the straitaway. Punks. When it comes to swerving-in-and-out-of-traffic-
while-furiously-upshifting-and-downshifting
we 4-cylinder guys rule coz we're used to having to keep them revs up in the right gear. Catch me on i95 when traffic's thick. I've raced and beat a WRX driven by a dude who couldn't shift for sh*t. Consider that a challenge, ha ha!

Unknown said...

Tru dat... you either got it or don't.

On the 4-cyl part, thats just theory. Try it out with a six speed and then you can talk. Not to mention the two more cyl I have that adds umph thats needed to blast off. Remember them old cartoon cars that at first they move a couple of yards reverse and then take off... well, that's what exactly happens when I pull that stunt.
better recorgnize...

Anonymous said...

whats up folks,enough bout the 4-cyl and 6-cyl, it all depends on the shifting, i have a challange for u all -- *fair game* same engine, no shifting, closed circuit ?? any takers ?? (this will just be on skill)

Unknown said...

Its about time... count me in! I love a challenge (dont know how my work schedule will be like) but name the time and I'll pen it in. I believe V^6 is talking about F1 Boston. Bring your paychecks with you, gals. Looking forward to either being the looser or most definately the winner[I'll be wearing my lucky Thong]

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

You and >d® teach me alot about speed.. I have just learnt something new here.

|d®| said...

Farmgal, speed is intoxicating, what can I say.

Anonymous said...

Ura, what should we start calling you... the Master Baiter?? te he! Say that 10 times fast. As the co-driver in the other car I must say y'all are crazy!!! MO probably has brake marks from where I was sitting... trying to keep my heart from leaping through my eye sockets! Speed is addicting. Watch out now, I just learnt a few tricks!!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»