Monday, September 15, 2008

Is Genetics Underated?

It's time for my next two cents before the powers that be decide to unplug me... its way past my bi-yearly rant.... Before I get into it, just a couple of updates...

Stella is up and running but since her last surgery, her Immune system is somehow shutting down, last I heard, the Board of Trustees are suggesting replacing Stella but V^6 still has lots of hope and aint giving up. I'm with him on this coz we've been meeting at the hospital AKA Riverwalk Treatment Center (RTC) very frequently of late. my Babes Urallette (Stella's younger sis), has had quit a summer and the fall allergies are kicking in. (I just found out she was born in Curitiba, Brazil - her father is Un-Disputatiously German but still tracking down the Mum - Origins uknown so far) I'm trying to trace her family's medical history coz if it's genetic, withing two years, Babes will be going thru' the same tribulations as Stella. Needless to say, their immediate cousins Jetta Black and her marroon sister have been through the wringer a couple of times with very frequent Dr visits, check ups... etc... etc...

Started in early May, the popo's and the RMV put her out of commission for 2 months coz her ID had just expired and her HMO provider changed the rules and wanted her Insurance paid in full upfront. Although the Plan is called Comprehensive, It only covers the exterior and others. It doesn't cover any interior organs or bodily mechanisms. For these, the plan is called Warranty. Babes Warranty expired way's back but thanks to RTC and Stella, I have an unlimited supply of info and thingamajigs to help Babes get through it.

Anyway, I managed to get a couple of sponsors, and since V^6 has many connections, he hooked me up... Thanxs Bro...

Babes current ailment is related to her cooling system. She overheated a while back, I was stuck in typical Boston tunnel traffic for 3 hours for absolutely nothing and one of her coolant fan fuses blew up. Now her AC just blows hot air - needs a new compressor, and being the optimist, I figured that since winter is around the corner, I dont have to fix it now. Little did I know that a week later my sis and I would be stuck in another 84 degrees tunnel this time in NY city (Did I mention I really really hate NY roads and traffic). My poor sis couldn't stand the heat and when you open the windows, the Chinatown express is right there fuming in your face. Sorry sis about that, I know I'll be making up for that for a while to come.

Anyway, she's currently doing fine minus the AC thingamajig and has been good to me so far.

No comments: